Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Beading and Creation Frustration

I often find myself completely frustrated with my beadwork...not because I can't think of something to create, but because I have too many ideas swirling around in my head. I will have an idea and start to bead and have it turn out nothing like I imagine it, get frustrated and take it apart. So, I try another angle, but that doesn't work or the color or style of beads I have just aren't working out. I know I'm not alone in any of this. I know there are other beaders out there with pieces of beadwork started that now gather dust or just wait to be taken apart. I also know there are others like me who have beautiful beads they have purchased that they just couldn't live without, but have yet to figure out what to create with them! I know I'll eventually use them, I just don't know what to do with them right now! Yes, dear, I will use them, honest!

One thing I would really like to create is a freeform piece, but I haven't been able to let go of the orderliness of single bead size peyote, herringbone or right-angle weave to do freeform! I also want to learn how do bead embroidery and African helix and...oh, alright, I'd like enough hours in the day and money enough to learn all the stitches I don't know yet, learn all the beading techniques I want and try my hand at all the arts I've been itching to get my hands on including polymer clay and lampworking, wirework and silversmithing! But before any of that, I'd really need a studio! :) See, I don't want much....ah, well, I can dream and keep on beading!

No comments: