Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #3

Here is my third edition of T13. Thirteen of my favorite movies:

1. The Princess Bride (1987)..."Let me 'splain...no, there is too much. Let me sum up. Buttercup is marry' Humperdinck in a little less than half an hour. So all we have to do is get in, break up the wedding, steal the princess, make our escape... after I kill Count Rugen."
"That doesn't leave much time for dilly-dallying."

2. Braveheart (1995)..."It's all for nothing if you don't have freedom!"

3. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003)..."Our love fern! You let it die!"
"No, honey, it's just sleeping."

4. Gone With The Wind (1939)...the book was much, much better, but Clark Gable (sigh)...well, what can I say?

5. Little Women (1933 or 1994)..."I find it poor logic to say that women should vote because they are good. Men do not vote because they are good; they vote because they are male, and women should vote, not because we are angels and men are animals, but because we are human beings and citizens of this country."

6. The Pianist (2002)...did you know that Roman Polanski literally had Adrien Brody starving himself during the filming? He wanted the film and especially Brody's scenes to be completely realistic.

7. Some Like It Hot (1959)..."Story of my life. I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop."

8. Bringing Up Baby (1938)...I love Katharine Hepburn and this comedy with Cary Grant is so wonderful! The Philadelphia Story was great, too.

9. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)..."I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

10. Independence Day (1996)..."Y'know, this was supposed to be my weekend off, but noooo. You got me out here draggin' your heavy ass through the burnin' desert with your dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad..."

11. The Patriot (2000)..."Kill me before the war is over, will you? It appears that you are not the better man."
"You're right. My sons were better men." (What can I say, I like Mel Gibson!)

12. The Sixth Sense (1999)...despite knowing the ending, the movie makes me jump every time! This is actually the second movie by M. Night Shyamalan that I had seen. Wide Awake was the first and it really struck a chord...it's another to watch!

13. Much Ado About Nothing (1993)...I love Shakespeare and this was a wonderful version of his play. The chemistry of the cast made it that much more fun to watch!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: