Friday, January 04, 2008

Contemporary Original Art by Pamela E. Miller


“By cultivating the beautiful we scatter the seeds of heavenly flowers, as by doing good we cultivate those that belong to humanity.” Robert Heinlein

“To Change One’s Life: Start Immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions.” William James

These are just a few words that I like to live by. I feel that creating art is a way of sharing your soul with others. As you will see in my artwork: sometimes I am very flamboyant and always colorful, sometimes confidant and peaceful, other times angry or chaotic. I think all of my emotions; passions come out in my works. Sometimes I layer it on thick (paint and words) and other times I flirt with the canvas with light feathery strokes. My art reflects my beliefs in love, warmth, generosity, loyalty, and honesty. I’m inspired by science, fantasy, martial arts, architecture, and nature (especially water).

Education:
Maryland Institute of Art-Summer School
Howard Community College-Liberal Arts
Capital College-Computer Engineering

Gallery Shows:
Chesapeake Gallery- Prince Fredrick, MD
DMG Artwork- Annapolis, MD

Awards:
Artist of the Year (Arts and Entertainment)- H.H.S. 1985
2nd Place: African Americans in Science and Technology Poster Contest 1985
Honorable Mention- H.H.S. 1984
Contemporary Original Art by Pamela E. Miller
Pamela E. Miller Contemporary Abstract Art

No comments: