Monday, October 22, 2007

Shoozles

I absolutely love fused glass and dichroic glass pendants. I really need to come up with a necklace style to showcase these beautiful pendants! Michelle ("Shoozles") work is gorgeous and I would love to feature her work in my pieces along with some of the other talented glass jewelry artists on Etsy, if only I could come up with something worthy of this talented group!

This piece (above) is called "Painted Middle" and it's a beautiful mix of fall colors. It has a silver-plated bail and measures 34mm X 209mm including the bail.

Here is what Michelle says about herself in her profile:
I'm Shoozles, it's a nick name that goes way back and stuck with me so now it is my company name. I am an artist/jewelry maker, former graphic designer mother of triplets. I have made all kinds of jewelry for over 18 years now, clay, poly clay, paper, plastic that includes shrink plastic and the friendly plastic kind but nothing compares to fusing glass.

Of the 18 years in jewelry I have fused glass for 8 of those years now. My fusing anniversary just came up HA! I never get tired of creating ART for people to wear, just makes me happy. If you asked me what my greatest job has ever been I would tell you it is being a mom to my 3, 12 yr old boys. They are the reason I work from my home now and gave up that high pressure advertising and design job :) No regrets I tell ya!

I did ebay for over 4 years and I am proud to say I have 100% feedback, but I am glad I have ebay behind me and have found a place here that loves the artist in me.
This gorgeous piece is called "Within" and I love the deep blue and copper colors of this pendant. The sterling silver bail is handmade by Michelle and the pendant measures 30mm X 27mm including the bail and would be gorgeous on a simple cord or chain, but would sing as the centerpiece of a beaded strand necklace!

All of Michelle's pieces are annealled (cooled slowly) for durability. She has been with Etsy for over a year and a half and has had a lot of success. The reason for her success shows in each and every piece she's created!

Check out all her pieces in her Etsy shop Shoozles. And find out more about Michelle and what else she may be up to through her blog Shoozles - Creativity Served Daily.

No comments: