Thursday, January 05, 2006

Adopt-a-Platoon

Recently, I have received two different emails from Adopt-a-Platoon requesting that anyone who is able to adopt one or two more soldiers to please do so as soon as possible. There has recently been a large rotation of troops and they have received requests from hundreds of soldiers and/or their families to be a part of the Adopt-a-Platoon program.

I have an adopted soldier through Adopt-a-Platoon, as well as two through Soldiers' Angels. I would love to take on more, but I just can't at this time, so I am asking my faithful readers to consider adopting a soldier or two. It is a fantastic way to show your support for our troops and since I'm unable to attend the weekly rallies at Walter Reed, this is my way of doing my part. (Plus, it's great knowing that I can make a soldier's day just by sending a goofy card or a care package!)

So, if you would like to adopt a soldier, please go to
Adopt-a-Platoon
or
Soldiers' Angels.
I promise you won't be sorry that you did!

No comments: