Thursday, December 15, 2005

What Happened to Basic Human Decency?

Anyone who has read my blog for very long knows that I read many different Milblogs because not only do I enjoy the perspective of the soldiers, but most importantly, I read them and comment because I support our military. What I don't understand is the need for certain people to trash these soldiers and call them hateful names, harrass them beyond reason, and take over the comment sections of these milblogs to vent their hate on anyone who would support the military.

I don't care if you are for or against the war on terror, whether you hate or love George Bush, you should not trash the military! (especially on their own sites!) They are doing their job and whether these horrid people like it or not, the military is fighting for them and their freedom to spew their hatred. It doesn't matter if they believe it or not, it's still true.

One person in particular (I will not say his name because I don't want to give him even that acknowledgement), is so nasty, he should be banned from commenting on anyone's blog, but especially the Milblogs. If anyone addresses his hatred, he comes back with some type of garbage about how you hate America or you are trying to deny him his freedom of speech. And if someone should ban him, he simply comes back with another IP address and harrasses the person even further for trying to ban him.

He loves to refer to our President as "Fuhrer" or "Liar-in-Chief" or "Hilter." This person, I have come to realize, is completely delusional. He has no concept of morality, no concept of reality, no concept of basic human decency. He attacks our military stationed in-theater. He baits them and taunts them and goads them. He's trying to get them to ban him because he thinks it proves his point...that our military doesn't believe in freedom of speech. But he is the one who doesn't believe in freedom of speech, or freedom from harrassment, or any other freedom unless it's for him. He actually makes Jane Fonda seem like a nice person!

I suppose I just do not understand why these people (this one person in particular) must act this way. Why he and others must accuse our Milbloggers of atrocities for no other reason than because they are military. They do not know these soldiers, they simply accuse them because they wear the uniform of the USA. He has taken his freedom of speech beyond the pale. He is one of the most hateful people I have ever encountered online. He sickens me. His hate is so vitriolic that you feel soiled just reading his trash. Why does anyone feel it is necessary to act this way? I DO NOT understand it!

No comments: