Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Quotable Quotes

As you can see from several of my recent posts, I enjoy a good quote. I have been collecting quotes for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, I didn't write all of them down, but I seem to be making up for that recently in my internet perusing. I hope you enjoy the quotes that I have posted.

It is amazing to me how many of the quotes from our Founding Fathers are still relevent today. I suppose that is becauses we have not learned from their lessons, but I hope not.

My new quote, though is from a current "celebrity" Lt. Gen. Honore. When asked by one of the reporters about why they are so prepared for Rita and not for Katrina he said something like, "That's yesterday's news. Don't get stuck on stupid." and went on to the next question. This time he was asked something similar, apparently in an attempt to get him to say the government screwed up. His reply, "You are stuck on stupid. Next question." I can only hope that the question came from someone at MSNBC or CNN.

Okay, so "stuck on stupid" is his favorite line, but it was nice that he used it on an MSM reporter!


Update: Went over to Bookworm Room and read a much more detailed post on this same news report and her hat tip was to Powerline. Guess a lot of us thought it was funny!

2 comments:

GW said...

Honore's frankness and unwillingness to play the PC game are refreshing.

Anna said...

I really like that guy! He's actually pretty diplomatic as far as the politicians there. He wasn't calling names or pointing blame...he was just "gettin' the job done!"